Monday, April 10, 2006

Icarus

You are young, the world beckons you
Hurdles abound you find your way through
You crave for glory, you want to fly
You craft a wing, give it a try

Flying above the ocean, you forget to comply
With rule that says fly, but not too high
Soaring too near the sun can damage your wings
He who forgets his limits ultimately sinks

Wings of wax are bound to break
Proof they are not real but imitation, fake
The wings that liberate, that help you rise
Finally seal your fate, drive your demise।

“Burnout is nature's way of telling you, you've been going through the motions your soul has departed; you're a zombie, a member of the walking dead, a sleepwalker। False optimism is like administrating stimulants to an exhausted nervous system।”
~ Sam Keen

7 comments:

Floyd said...

I hardly remember the time when I read Icarus in school, with the wax wings. This reminds me.

Any posts on our very own flier, Hanuman?

Aks said...

Its absolutely awsome!!
very true to heart!
keep up the good work

Shwetank said...

@Subhash: We had "Fall of Icarus" in class XI I think ... I just loved the story and Saki's witty style.
Hanuman is my favorite and now that you've said it, we might as well have something on his feats.

@aks: Thanx for visiting and the encouraging words.
"rago mein daudte firne ke ham nahi kaayal, jab aankh hi se na tapke toh fir lahoo kya hai"
So as long as the inspirations keep coming, I don't think I can help penning them down.

Floyd said...

Awaiting the Hanuman chapter!

Shwetank said...

Me too :)

Floyd said...

Irony!!

Shwetank said...

The title of the blog itself suggests my swinging moods :)
Its small Paradoxes and ironies that go into the making of a beautiful life...